A few things that caught my eye this week:
- Fit Australian actor, Damon Gameau, creates a documentary about his 60 day experiment on a “healthy” low-fat diet high in sugar. It only took three weeks to start seeing some noticeable changes.
- The benefits of training and racing against a rival. Check out my blog on the same topic from earlier this year.
- A new study found that taking a low-dose aspirin, as guidelines currently suggest, makes no difference in preventing heart attacks and strokes.
- A high-fructose diet consumed during adolescence found to possibly exacerbate depressive-like and anxiety-like behaviors.
- Two new studies look at economic costs of obesity in the US and globally. This one looked at the cost of obesity-related absenteeism and this one at global economic price tag (hint: it’s in the trillions).